Wednesday, September 4, 2013

PART 2 - POOCHYENAS EVERYWHERE

PART 2 - POOCHYENAS EVERYWHERE

In between the last post and this one, I did a bit of training with Poochy and Tricca on Route 101. After all, I don't want any of my Pokemon to die in just the second blog post! Also, I realized that my dear Poochy has the abilitiy 'Run Away', so I can flee from any battle. Right now, Poochy is level 5 while my Tricca is level 8. 

I heal up in the Pokemon Center in Oldale Town before proceeding to Route 103 to hopefully catch my third Pokemon.

I step into the tall grass and...

A wild Poochyena appeared! Wow, just what I needed. You know what? I'm going to catch it anyway. Maybe I can use it him as an HM slave, or sacrifice him in battle. Ok, maybe not the second one. After catching him successfully, I nickname my second Poochyena, Hyenapooch.

I'll get better at the nicknames.

I rest up again in Oldale Town before heading out west.

After buying supplies from the Poke Mart, I finally take a step on Route 102. As usual, I step into the patch of grass to encounter my first Pokemon. Hope it isn't another Poochyena. Are there Poochyenas on Route 102? Let's find out...

JUST MY LUCK! Another friggin Poochyena appears! Is that the only Pokemon that appears in the whole Hoenn region? UUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Good luck trying to find something other than a Poochyena.
I head back to Oldale after rage-killing a Poochyena and a Zigzagoon. Why couldn't the Zigzagoon appear first. WHY?

Back to Route 102...

I see a trainer along the path I'm taking. He's standing still and seems nice, but I'm not in the mood to make friends. No, I try to walk past him...

But then he challenges me to a Pokemon battle! Child, I don't have time for this! Oh well, better to just take my anger out on him. Oh look, Youngster Calvin has a Poochyena as well. Looks like that's the only Pokemon I'll be seeing this entire playthrough. Poochy easily defeats his Poochyena, and I leave the kid behind. 

I see a shortcut I can take to avoid this next trainer, but some extra practice with Tricca can't hurt. Tricca makes quick work of his two level 4 Wurmples. I want a Wurmple :'( Anything other than a Poochyena, really.

After beating a couple more trainers, I finally arrive in Petalburg City. Time to go visit my dad at the gym!

While talking to my dad, some kid barges in, insisting that he catches a Pokemon for the first time. Like, who do you think you are? We're trying to have a father-son talk and you interrupt us? Anyways, this kids name is Wally, and my dad told me to help him catch a Pokemon.

We head out to Route 102, and Wally heads into the tall grass. Looks like its time for him to catch a Poochyena or a Zigzagoon or whatever.

What! A wild Ralts appeared!?!? Every single Route I have gone to, the first Pokemon that appeared was a Poochyena. Now this kid that doesn't even know how to catch a Pokemon, has a Ralts appear on his first encounter? It has a 4% chance of appearing! Wally catches the Ralts and we head back to the gym. He thanks my dad, and leaves.

If I ever see Wally again...

My dad suggests that I head to Rustboro City to challenge the gym there. After saying good bye to him and exiting the gym, I head out to ---

--- A random man with sunglasses suddenly approaches me! He says something about looking for talented trainers. He apologizes for taking my time and then leaves. Am I not talented? Talk about being rude.

After that random encounter, I head out to Route 104. Before stepping into the grass for my first encounter, I look at the appearance rates of each Pokemon. Marill 20%, Wurmple 20%, Taillow and Wingull at 10%, and then Poochyena, at 40%. Will it be another Poochyena? Let's see...



I'm just gonna end this post -.-


No comments:

Post a Comment